Da Capo

23 March 2006

Loud

So the ex is gone for the evening, leaving me and Catcher to protect the house. Which is no big deal. Usually. About an hour ago I heard a loud noise from down the hall. I was about to yell at Catcher when I saw that she was lying next me, fast asleep. Overimaginitive girl that I am, the first thought I had was "oh god, are the doors locked?" Being too much of a wuss to go check, I instead close and lock my bedroom door, grab my cell phone and listen.

Nothing.

I soon forget about this as I am writing in my spiffy new blog. (Which is giving me problems but that is another topic.) Then I hear it again. What the hell, we are both in my room, the ex isn't home...then I hear it. The faint sound of water running.

My god, I am such a drama queen. The sound isn't a burly thief stealing our tv and possibly my vitue if the bedroom door was unlocked. It is the icemaker. Before he left the ex bitched that I had used all the ice and now the tray was empty. And he turned it back on.

Ice dropped into an empty tray is quite loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home